As we have previously notified, the Charity Weekend to be held within Alcaidesa Marina commences this Friday the 6th. The funds raised from the various events & activities planned for the weekend will go towards The Association Of Families of Alzheimer sufferers (AFA).
The events planned for the weekend are:
- Concentration of Motor Homes - Enthusiast from all over Spain will be staying in the marina throughout the weekend as well as participating in the various activities. We are expecting between 150 & 200 Motor Homes each of which will be donating 15€ to AFA.
- Medieval Market – the market will open on Friday at 20.30 and will remain open throughout the weekend from 11.30 – midnight. The market will consist of between 25 to 30 handicraft stalls as well as various street artists, entertainers and falconry show.
- Star Gazing – On Friday at 22.30 D Juan José Narváez (member of the Andalucian Astrological Society) will be hoisting an observation & chat on our solar system.
- Kids Party – On Saturday Animagic will be hoisting a Kids Party within the Marina. The Party will commence at 11.00 and will continue throughout the day until 20.00 and will consist of multiple attractions (bouncy castles, trampolines, go-carts etc) as well as various shows to be held throughout the day. All this for a cost of 3€ (advance sale) or 5€ on the day.
- Charity Regata/Rally – Consisting of a 2 hour long social regatta/rally within the Bay of Gibraltar to which all types of vessels are welcome and which will depart at 12.00. The registration fee of 10€ will be donated in its entirety to AFA. The regatta will be followed by a social lunch of all the participants at the Alcaidesa Lounge Bar. The cost of the lunch is 15€ per person & includes a raffle.
- Massages – Throughout Saturday relaxing massages will be provided by the School of Naturopathy El Secreto de Paula. Any donations received will be donated to AFA.
- Dolphin Trips – On Sunday the L´Atlántida will be offering Dolphin Trips. The first trip will be departing at 10.30 with a cost of 25€/adult & 15€/child with 3€ for each passenger donated to AFA. The duration of the trip will be 90 minutes and the glass bottom of the L´Atlántida will provide great viewing of the local marine life.
Come along & join in on what promises to be a great weekend in aid of a good cause.