There is hardly a month left to this great charity event, if you don't have plans for August 22, 23, 24 and 25, you still have the opportunity to participate, what are you waiting for?
Boatshed Gibraltar together with Alcaidesa Marina and Tanja Marina Bay has organised the “Gibraltar- Morocco Charity Yacht Rally”.
If you want to experience a unique sailing event visiting the new marina and the city of Tangier while helping the Red Cross with a donation, do not hesitate to click on the following link: gocharityrally.com. There you will find all the information you need.
It will be an unrepeatable weekend with many activities including:
- Welcome cocktail on Thursday, August 22 at 8pm courtesy of Alcaidesa Marina at Alcaidesa Lounge Bar during the Skippers’ Briefing Meeting.
- Sailing day in Company on August 23 with champagne party on arrival.
- Stand up dinner at a new restaurant in the marina called "El Chiringuito" hosted by Tanja Bay Marina on Saturday, August 24 at night, between 8:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. The style of food is "tapas." Red wine, white wine and water will be provided. Any other alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverage can be purchased at the bar.
This dinner will be in fancy dress. During it there will be auctions, raffles and the prize giving ceremony! Please bring lots of £5 and €5 notes to buy raffle tickets. There are great prizes to win and it’s all for a good cause.
After dinner, there will be dancing at "El Chiringuito", which also has a large disco. The disco will close at 01:00 on Sunday morning. You can continue your party at the "Club 555", one of the best in Morocco!
The only negatives are that flip flops are not allowed in the restaurant or disco! Bring insect and mosquito repellent!
It is important to remember that drinking and clambering onto boats can be dangerous. Please take care of each other. If you see someone unsteadily returning to their boat please accompany them to make sure they don’t fall in.
Hotel - Special Offer:
For those of you who cannot sleep on board or simply prefer the comfort of a bed ashore the Marina Bay Hotel right in front of the main entrance to the marina offers a special price for all rally participants. The special rate is as follows:
- Double room with breakfast: 1190.00 Dhs plus taxes.
- Single room with breakfast: 1090.00 Dhs plus taxes.
- Hotel tax: 19.80 Dhs per person per night.
- Legend suite: 1200.00 Dhs plus taxes.
- Grand Suite: 2200.00 Dhs plus taxes.
Euros are converted to 10 Dirhams per Euro. Euros are accepted everywhere as are credit cards.
If you wish to accept this offer, contact Aziz Bahafid and explain that you are a rally participant. Early booking is high season.
- Aziz BAHAFID
Sales Manager, Atlas Marina Bay
- 152, Mohamed VI Avenue - Tangier
- Office: +212 539 94 45 69
- Mobile: +212 661 05 40 42
- Email: email@example.com
Lewis Stagnetto and Co. initially provided 35 cases of beer for the first 35 yachts that signed up and paid. Subsequently, they have kindly extended this offer to ALL yachts that register and pay before August 8. So on August 8 we will distribute beer cases from the Queensway Quay Marina car park between 8:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. If you can't make it, authorize a friend to sign for it.
We will not be able to accept more registrations after August 8 as we need time to get everything together. Therefore, August 8 will be the last day to register and pay.